Not all students of climate favor legislation and some point out the dangers of over-regulation. Here are a few points by Arthur Robinson from the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons:
- First, man-made carbon dioxide is an insignificant greenhouse gas; water vapor is the major factor.
- Second, the sun’s cosmic rays have the most significant influence over global temperature and weather.
- Third, if all nations’ carbon dioxide emissions were halted the impact would not be significantly measureable.
- Fourth, the imposition of control would be catastrophic, adversely affecting the emerging nations of the world.
- Finally, climate alarmists are motivated by politics and finances, and if the controversy would end, thousands would be unemployed.