Sunday, August 14, 2005

Oriana Fallaci

Today Libero publishes an exclusive interview with Oriana Fallaci by Father Andrzej Majewsky, chief editor of the Polish public TV. Excerpts (the translation is mine, bear with me):

Islamic terrorism is only a facet, a side of the strategy adopted to carry out the global offensive called Islam Awakening. An awakening that does not manifest itself only through massacres but also through its secular expansionism.

To say that the war in Iraq is the cause of Islamic terrorism is a fraud to trick fools. There was no war in Iraq the 11th September 2001. The war declared to us by Bin Laden had been going on for years.

All evil that Muslims perpetrate against us and themselves is written in the Koran. It is not a question of race, it is a question of religion.

I know very well that by saying this I am risking jail. I know very well that for me jail means death. All the same I am defying the new Hitler-Jugend that would like to kill me. Since nobody says all this and someone must say it, I have to say it myself.

The interview will appear on the next issue of PrzeglÄ…d Powszechny; look for it online soon because it is worth it.

, ,

No comments: