Iran’s Third Reich
Nazi president Ahmadinejad's candid statement "Israel must be wiped off the map" should be welcomed. The Teheran government is now officially a terrorist organization and should be treated as such.
Ahmadinejad, in one shot, has achieved much more than we could have hoped for. He has:
1) strengthened the hand of France, Britain and Germany in dealing with the nuclear issue
2) strengthened the hand of the US by admitting they are terrorists
3) threw off Palestinians and Arab League efforts towards implementing the Road Map
4) weakened the position of moderate Israelis who now cannot claim Israel is not under immediate threat
5) weakened the hand of those preaching "negotiations and moderation" in dealing with Iran
5) alienated more of the Iranian public
6) rendered more plausible the allegation of Iran harboring high-ranking Al Qaeda members
The question now is: are Iran's new conservatives so inexperienced to be completely out of place in the modern world of international relations or are they really trying to provoke the final chaos in order to invoke the 12th Imam who will then rise from the bottom of the Jamkaran well in Isfahan?
Furthermore, this escapes me completely: why would Ahmadinejad want to eliminate 210 journalists (“deserve to be executed”). What more could they possibly say to damage him than he doesn't say himself?