Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Problems with Atom

I have been struggling with the site feed all day. Finally I removed some funny looking code (see pic; editor will not accept it typed) from each post by hand, and now it is working. That wasn’t funny at all.


I switched to feedburner to have more RSS compatibility and it looks neat; you should be able to subscribe to the feed (link below the amazon and google stuff, just before the blogroll) from any reader.

You might have gathered that I am no expert. If you know what I was doing wrong I would be happy to receive your comments (no insults, please).

, ,

2 comments:

jc said...

Hi,

This is actually a very common problem that occurs when using certain editors to edit your content and then copy into the post. We have a FAQ entry here on our forums:

How do I get rid of < o : p > tags in my feed content?
http://forums.feedburner.com/viewtopic.php?t=593

We hope you find it helpful and let us know if you have any further issues, we'd be glad to help.

Jessie Chavez
Feedburner Team

marlow said...

Thanks for the comment. I have been trying all sorts of things (various formats in Word, &c)to no avail. Unfortunately your solution means that everytime I lose my formatting and hyperlinks and it wouldn't work for me.
What I have come up with now is to use MS FrontPage instead of MSWord as my editor from which I cut and paste or even drag the posts to the blogger editor without losing anything; it seems to be working.